[GE users] How to enable Windows Support in existing grid.

sneumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Fri Feb 9 10:02:09 GMT 2007

On Fr, 2007-02-09 at 10:13 +0100, Marco Donauer - SUN Microsystems
wrote:
> >Where do I put the certificates ?
> >I have copied the qmaster:/var/sgeCA to the exec host
> >as msbivmxp:/var/sgeCA owned by MSBI (the user running the binaries)
> >On the linux qmaster I have done "sge_ca -copy"
> >for the users sge and MSBI
> Steffen did you copy the cert files to the execd hosts?

Again, where do I put which files ? I have the same /var/sgeCA
on both machines, and the sge_ca -copy for the user MSBI on qmaster

I know a little about the public key concept, but I am lacking
some of the sge specifics, qmaster complains about MSBI credentials,
so I assume there was some challenge-response conversation:

1) the windows:execd has sent the challenge signed with
   its Key using C:\Docs and Settings\MSBI\.sge\port1072\default\private

2) the qmaster process has tried to verify the key in
   qmaster:/var/sgeCA/port1072/default/userkeys/MSBI
   and did not succeed.

Is that roughly correct ? Any way to get more debugging on the reason
for "request for user MSBI does not match credentials for connection"?

I have provided the MSBI windows password, and it shows in
cat qmaster:/vol/sge/default/common/sgepasswd
MSBI 0080c....

Yours,
Steffen

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE

    [ Part 2, "This is a digitally signed message part" ]
    [ Application/PGP-SIGNATURE (Name: "signature.asc") 198 bytes. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]