[GE users] How to configure SGE to run Distributed Ansys jobs

Fri Feb 9 11:04:17 GMT 2007

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007, deval74 at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a running Linux Cluster, I want to run distribute ansys jobs on this, but ansys batch command is always expect to have machinname:processes count.
>
> ansys100 -pp -dis -b -machines machine1:2:machine2:2machine3:2 < input file > output file.
>
> i want to create a script for this to capture two values at qsub (one would be node count and process count on each CPU) and than capture actual hosts allocated to execute job, than create a string which can be passed to ansys.

Hi Deval,

I'd be glad to advise. I put my view and my reply to

    http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/Ansys

as your topic certainly is of interest for more users.

try to update our Wiki along the way to summarize our findings.

Best regards,
Andreas