[GE users] Some opteron chips not recognised by SGE

CARTER-HITCHIN, David, GBM David.CARTER-HITCHIN at rbos.com
Fri Feb 23 10:16:50 GMT 2007

Hi,

I've added one of our Opteron machines to our grid and that went in fine,
with arch set to "lx24-amd64", but another one has "-NA-".  We use the
'arch' as a critera in distributing our jobs, so this is a bit of a
showstopper.

Does anyone know why this happens, our how I can troubleshoot it?  I can
supply a cat of /proc/cpuinfo
 and uname -a if ppl need that.

Thanks,
David.

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The
Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
Visit our websites at:
www.rbs.com
www.rbsgc.com
www.rbsmarkets.com