[GE users] Resource reservation

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Feb 23 11:27:50 GMT 2007

Hi,

Am 23.02.2007 um 02:30 schrieb A listner:

> Hello All,
>
> I have a special configuration to implement in
> the cluster. Can someone Grid pro shed some light on
> it?
>
> I have to configure one machine such that when a
> particular  user or group of users submit a job then
> it should land on that specific machine and lock the
> machine from getting other jobs. After the job
> finishes machine should be unlocked and be available
> to other general users. Also in locked configuration
> it should only allow one job. However, in unlocked
> configuration it should be able to run more jobs (say
> slots= 4).

you could setup a PE and call it "smp" or so and set allocation rule
to $pe_slots. If you attach this PE to just one queue-instance, and
submit the job with "smp 4" you will get this (and only this) machine
for one parallel job and as all slots are used noone else can use it.
Inside the jobscript you can still run only a serial program if desired.

It might be useful to submit also with "-R y" and enabled reservation
in the scheduler (max_reservation  8).