[GE users] One slot per host, or a way to consume all slots

FL lengyel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 17:40:59 GMT 2007

I see from the link that I need to say more about gaussian parallel jobs.
This method will work when the user submits a single-threaded job.
However, I do have a parallel execution environment for gaussian parallel
jobs, and $pe_slots is set to the number of workerjobs-1; I see that
parallel
gaussian jobs would need to set $pe_slots to (max slots per
host)*(workerjobs-1)
in order to consume the available slots in that case...this makes the job
submission
script explicitly dependent on the number of slots per host, unless I
misunderstand...