[GE users] SGE-6.0: Share-Tree-Policy including departments.

Erik Soyez E.Soyez at science-computing.de
Mon Feb 26 10:05:34 GMT 2007

Good Day,

I am currently evaluating the use of Gridengine for a cluster
used by different departments and with differently prioritised
projects.  My first thought was "obviously a job for the Share
Tree Policy".  But when trying to add nodes/leaves to the share
tree it works fine with projects but not with departments (denied:
share tree contains reference to unknown user/project "abteilung1").

The department "abteilung1" exists but of course is not a user
nor a project but a user_list.

Simplified I want to achieve something like this:

 	Department 1:	20%
 		Project 1:	40%
 		Project 2:	60%

 	Department 2:	80%
 		Project 3:	20%
 		Project 4:	20%
 		Project 5:	60%

Even better, if both departments could work on the same project,
but this is not really necessary (I think).

Please let me know if I missunderstand the Share Tree Policy and
what solution suits this problem.

Thanks a lot

Erik.