[GE users] I need help badly.

Trey trey at hyper.com
Tue Feb 27 16:00:36 GMT 2007

I need major help.  I am desperately tring to install grid engine as a
cluster software package on 3 servers that run cent OS.  I have unpacked
it and added a script /etc/profile.d/sge.sh  It sets a path to the
executables and a set a var of SGE_ROOT as /gridware/sge.  When I try to
run a script to add a host I get:

[root at centos1 exec_hosts]# qconf -ah centos2.hyper.com
critical error: Please set the environment variable SGE_ROOT.

Also when I try to reinstall the qmaster I get:

I get all sort of permission denied and unable to resolve
localhost.localdomain.

How can I fix this?

Setting.sh

[root at centos1 common]# less settings.sh
SGE_ROOT=/gridware/sge; export SGE_ROOT

ARCH=`$SGE_ROOT/util/arch`
DEFAULTMANPATH=`$SGE_ROOT/util/arch -m`
MANTYPE=`$SGE_ROOT/util/arch -mt`

unset SGE_CELL
unset COMMD_PORT

if [ "$MANPATH" = "" ]; then
    MANPATH=$DEFAULTMANPATH
fi
MANPATH=$SGE_ROOT/$MANTYPE:$MANPATH; export MANPATH

PATH=$SGE_ROOT/bin/$ARCH:$PATH; export PATH
shlib_path_name=`$SGE_ROOT/util/arch -lib`
old_value=`eval echo '$'$shlib_path_name`
if [ x$old_value = x ]; then
    eval $shlib_path_name=$SGE_ROOT/lib/$ARCH
else
    eval $shlib_path_name=$SGE_ROOT/lib/$ARCH:$old_value
fi
export $shlib_path_name
unset ARCH DEFAULTMANPATH MANTYPE shlib_path_name

SGE.sh ( A file to make sure it is running when started)

[root at centos1 common]# less /etc/profile.d/sge.sh
SGE_ROOT=/gridware/sge
PATH=$PATH:$SGE_ROOT/bin/lx24-amd64
if [ -are $SGE_ROOT/default/common/settings.sh ]; then
. $SGE_ROOT/default/common/settings.sh
fi

[root at centos1 common]# less act_qmaster
centos1.hyper.com

Configuration file

# Version: 5.3
#
# DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE MANUALLY!
#
conf_version           0
qmaster_spool_dir      /gridware/sge/default
execd_spool_dir        /gridware/sge/default
binary_path            /gridware/sge/bin
mailer                 /bin/mail
xterm                  /usr/bin/X11/xterm
load_sensor            none
prolog                 none
epilog                 none
shell_start_mode       posix_compliant
login_shells           sh,ksh,csh,tcsh
min_uid                0
min_gid                0
user_lists             none
xuser_lists            none
load_report_time       00:00:40
stat_log_time          48:00:00
max_unheard            00:05:00
reschedule_unknown     00:00:00
loglevel               log_warning
administrator_mail     none
set_token_cmd          none
pag_cmd                none
token_extend_time      none
shepherd_cmd           none
qmaster_params         none
schedd_params          none
execd_params           none
finished_jobs          100
gid_range              20000-20100
admin_user             none
qlogin_command         telnet
qlogin_daemon          /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
rlogin_daemon          /usr/sbin/in.rlogind
default_domain         root
ignore_fqdn            true
max_aj_instances       2000
max_aj_tasks           75000