[GE users] I need help badly.

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Tue Feb 27 16:09:55 GMT 2007

First things first, you are using a really old version of Grid Engine
(the 5.3 series ...)

It would be a very unusual case for any *new* installation to require
SGE 5.3.x

So^Cthe first thing you should do is head on over to http://
gridengine.sunsource.net and  grab the latest version of Grid Engine
6.0 binaries. The latest is 6.0u10.

Next you may want to take a look at some stuff I wrote a long time
ago, it covers some of the pre-install things that can be significant:
http://gridengine.info/articles/2005/09/29/things-to-think-about-
before-installing

-Chris