[GE users] apache, grid engine and cgi

Davide Cittaro davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Tue Feb 27 16:13:56 GMT 2007

Hi there, some people here are planning to develop a cgi perl script
for their purposes. This script launches long analyses on some files
and they would like to use a batch queue. Since everything here is
running with sge (607 and 608), I've told them to read the sge docs.
Now I have to care about some "best practices":
1- since the cgi script will submit a job to sge, is it safe to add
the www (or httpd or apache2...) user to sge users?
2- since the perl script has to call "qsub", are you aware of a perl
module that can do this? I would prefer to avoid "system" command at
all...

Thanks

/*
Davide Cittaro
HPC and Bioinformatics Systems @ Informatics Core

IFOM - Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007