[GE users] I need help badly.

Dan Gruhn Dan.Gruhn at groupw.com
Tue Feb 27 16:15:17 GMT 2007

Trey,

You need to have proper host names and IP address to make SGE work,
localhost.localdomain won't do it.  Check your /etc/hosts file or your
DNS server to find out why SGE is getting localhost.localdomain for the
hosts.

Also, use ".  /gridware/sge/<cellname>/common/setting.sh" in your sge.sh
script  to set up your SGE environment and verify that
/etc/profile.d/sge.sh is being executed.  The "dot" syntax is important
because is causes the shell to execute the script without forking a
sub-shell, allowing for the script to change variables in the current
environment.

Dan