[GE users] SGE - host configuration question

Oded Haim-Langford odedhl at marvell.com
Sun Jul 1 07:11:22 BST 2007

Yes it does

Many thanks, and a wonderful day.

Oded

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan.Templeton at Sun.COM [mailto:Dan.Templeton at Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 7:20 PM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: Re: [GE users] SGE - host configuration question

Oded,

Currently in Grid Engine, you have two choices for defining the number
of slots for a queue. 1) You can define a default number of slots that
every host will be assumed to have, and/or 2) you can override that
default for a particular host *or hostgroup*. There is not currently an
option to automatically set every host's slot count to be equal to that
host's CPU count. What you can do, however, is add your hosts to
(additional) host groups based on cpu count. You could then set your
slots value to something like:

slots 4,[@twocpu=2],[@eightcpu=8],[bighost=32]

Does that help?

Daniel

Oded Haim-Langford wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I encountered an example of what I think I needed on Sun N1 Grid
Engine

https://www.middleware.georgetown.edu/confluence/display/HPCT/Advanced+S

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net