[GE users] Silly Questions From One Who Previously Used PBS ..

Ravi Chandra Nallan Ravichandra.Nallan at Sun.COM
Mon Jul 2 12:49:25 BST 2007

Hi Graham,

Graham Jenkins wrote:
> 2. At present I just have a Queue called "all.q" to which jobs with no
> "-q" specification are sent. What I'd like to do is create 2 new
> queues called "compile" to (allow execution on the master-node only),
> and "dque" (to allow execution on any other node).  I can probably
> accomplish this using the GUI .. but I've no idea how to then make
> "dque" the queue which is used when there is no "-q" specification.
Assign the dque the minimal seq_no, '0', ( provided queue_sort_method is
seqno, sched_conf(5)). Based on the availability this q would be used by
default.
> And I've no idea how to prevent users requesting execution on "all.q".
You can configure user lists(user_lists, xuser_lists) to xclude/include
users on per q basis.