[GE users] determining when a mpirun has succeeded and failed

Adam Bruss adam.bruss at staarinc.com
Tue Jul 3 22:15:05 BST 2007

I have SGE setup on a cluster and I can run commands from scripts like the
one below with success.

As of now I can't tell if the mpirun has succeeded or failed without looking
at the output file created by SGE with the mpirun information. Is there a
way I can use the exit_status in SGE accounting to capture a
'success/failure' error code so I know if a mpirun job has failed or
succeeded?

#!/bin/sh

let i=0

while [ $i -lt 1 ]

do

        qsub -N dfem -b y -V -pe mpi 1 "mpirun -D -c 1 dfem -type rf3p
wgdblbnd.sup"

        let i=i+1

done