[GE users] SGE 5.3 & qsub -l `whoami`

Hugo Darío Barrera hbarrera at iciq.es
Thu Jul 5 09:33:00 BST 2007

Hi all,

we're still running SGE 5.3 as it works for like 3 years now.
We have limited resources for 15 nodes (each user), we have in "Complex
Configuration" a 'Complex' called "users" with all the users and
in "Consumable/Fixed Attributes" for each user a value of "15", so to
increase or decrease node's limits just changing this value will do it (or
qconf -me global).

As the formerly admin made a script that sets variables and calls qsub, none
of the users use "qsub" directly. This scripts calls qsub with (besides other
parameters)
qsub -l `whoami`=1
so this works, but if someone just uses qsub without "`whoami`" it won't count
as it's consuming resources, so its possible to use as many nodes as they
want.
running:
qsub -l `whoami`=1

qstat -F |grep gc|grep username
shows the user is consuming resources so its counting.

If I don't set "whoami", SGE doesn't count it.

Any way to prevent this?

Thanks in advance