[GE users] determining when a mpirun has succeeded and failed

Adam Bruss adam.bruss at staarinc.com
Thu Jul 5 18:02:58 BST 2007

-D is needed for the LAM licensing.
-c 1 tells mpirun to run one copy of the executable.
dfem is the executable and the stuff after it are arguments to dfem.

It works this way as far as running the job goes. In its current state the
exit_status of qacct is zero if the mpi run was a success and  zero if the
mpi run failed. I want to have the exit_status from qacct tell me if the mpi
job failed or succeeded.

According to a colleague of mine, SGE should be able to capture the exit
status of the mpirun.

Adam