[GE users] meaning of 256 error code...

Gon?alo Borges goncalo at lip.pt
Thu Jul 5 18:08:51 BST 2007

So...
The wrapper which submits the jobs is a perl script. The part where it
submits is just something like:

        do
        {
                chomp($tmp_batch_id = `export SGE_ROOT=$sge_base_path
;$qsub < $sge_job_script_name`);
                $submit_status = $?;
                if($tmp_batch_id =~ /^Your job (\d*)/) {
                        $batch_id = $1;
                }

                $self->log("Batch ID: " . $batch_id);

                if ($submit_status != 0)
                {
                        $batch_id = undef;
                        sleep 5;
                }
                $attempts++;
        } while($submit_status != 0 && $attempts<6);

I see the error message because I print the $submit_status variable...
And that's it...
In the qmaster logs "/usr/local/sge/pro/default/spool/qmaster/messages"
I do not see nothing at all...

It's very hard to ask for help when you do not have any relevant
information...
Sorry...