[GE users] Job Re-schedule based on incoming users to pending queue

Kyle Halberstam kyle.halberstam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:13:56 BST 2007

Apologize if this has been covered.

I am administering a GE 6 system. I have got several users.

Is there a way, using the policies or however, to suspend/kill a *running *job,
re-schedule it back into the *pending* queue based on incoming users to the
pending queue.

I.E. If one user is using/running all licenses of a given software (suppose
10 jobs) but a new user submits his jobs to the pending queue, I want to
kill/suspend 5 of the first users running jobs and put them back into the
pending queue so that the new incoming users can get 5 jobs running right
away. The users will all be equally entitled (have the same num of
functional tickets for example).

Thanks in advance.

Kyle