[GE users] meaning of 256 error code...

Gon?alo Borges goncalo at lip.pt
Fri Jul 6 12:09:14 BST 2007

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies. I have solved the issue... The problem was
not obvious... but simple to solve.

I'm using VMs for installing EGEE middleware. The problems is that domU
can not syncronizate using  ntpd unless you do "echo 1 >
/proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock".
In that way, domUs and dom0 remain syncronized. I just figured that out
because I saw that date in domUs and dom0 were different and, from the
globus point of view, this is quite important. I was just seeing the
consequence of the problem when it was trying to submit jobs using EGEE
wrappers...

Thank
Cheers
Goncalo