[GE users] meaning of 256 error code...

Gon?alo Borges goncalo at lip.pt
Fri Jul 6 12:25:21 BST 2007

Sorry, I didn't explained myself correctly...

> I'm using VMs for installing EGEE middleware. The problems is that
> domU can not syncronizate using  ntpd unless you do "echo 1 >
> /proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock".
> In that way, domUs and dom0 remain syncronized. I just figured that
> out because I saw that date in domUs and dom0 were different and, from
> the globus point of view, this is quite important. I was just seeing
> the consequence of the problem when it was trying to submit jobs using
> EGEE wrappers...

Setting "echo 1 > /proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock" in domU will
allow domUs to syncronize their clocks from independent servers and not
from the Dom0 clock.
The problem was that Dom0 had ntpd dead and became desynchronized.
Because of that, domU was also desynchronized and this was affecting all
our grid stuff...

That's the right explanation...
Cheers