[GE users] Job Re-schedule based on incoming users to pending queue

Fri Jul 6 16:07:26 BST 2007

Kyle,

What you're asking for is preemptive scheduling, something that Grid
Engine does not do (yet).  A rough way to implement it would be to put a
wrapper script around qsub that checks for available licenses and
comparative priorities, and bounces any jobs that needed to be bounced
before making the actual qsub call.

Daniel