[GE users] No job status, but process still runs

Pat Cable cable at ll.mit.edu
Mon Jul 9 19:15:19 BST 2007

Hi All,
I'm submitting a job to my queue (on SGE 6.1) like so:

       qsub -q rhel4_16g.q $MGC_HOME/bin/rcalibre /home/user/sgecalibre
1 MGC_HOME $MGC_HOME -mtflex $CALIBRE_REMOTE_CONNECTION

This calls the rcalibre script, which sets an environment, and executes
this:
       exec $MGC_HOME/bin/calibre -64 $*

 From there, the calibre tool invokes the correct binary for the
platform selected, in this case, $MGC_HOME/pkgs/ivt/bin/calibre64

Once that command is executed there is no longer an active job appearing
in qstat - but the process is running on the proper machine. Why is
this? Does it have to do with the fact that calibre64 is the child
process of a child process?

// Patrick Cable II
// LLCad System Administrator Co-Op
// MIT Lincoln Laboratory - F-378