[GE users] How to configure one execution host for two qmasters?

Mon Jul 9 19:38:15 BST 2007

Josh,

First, the execd port number used during the execd install must be the
same as the execd port number used during the qmaster install.  Second,
there are only two sources for the port numbers.  Either they come from
the SGE_QMASTER_PORT and SGE_EXECD_PORT environment variables (set by
the settings.[c]sh scripts), or they're set in /etc/services (grep sge
/etc/services).  The former gets set either by having those variables
defined when you do the install, or by telling the installer the port
numbers you want to use when it asks (which is only an option if the
installer can't find the port numbers in the env vars or
/etc/services).  For /etc/services, note that each daemon will look at
its localhost's /etc/services file.

Daniel