[GE users] No job status, but process still runs

Mon Jul 9 20:48:49 BST 2007

Something else to keep in mind is that Grid Engine sets an additional
group id for each job, so all children of that job will carry that
additional group id. (That's how Grid Engine accounts for usage of
children that end after the job itself.) You may be able to use that to
track the state of the forked children.

I'd look to the process group (pgrp) as the first solution, though.

Daniel