[GE users] Jobs stay as "qw"

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Tue Jul 10 09:40:59 BST 2007

> Hi, I've been using grid engine 6.0 for a while and it's worked like
> a charm, until last night when for some reason jobs stay as "qw" and
> never reach "r", like there are no slots available. There are slots
> available and the machines' load are at 0.00. I can't find anything
> useful in the "messages" logs, and i'm not sure where else to look.

Check the starting time of the jobs.
Perhaps the jobs were requested to start much later than you expected.

Check the requested resource requirements
   qstat -r -xml

Check the availability on the various nodes
   qstat -F

/mark
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.