[GE users] qrsh and telnet

sadfub at gmx.net sadfub at gmx.net
Tue Jul 10 10:37:33 BST 2007

is there any documentation on how to enable qrsh and qlogin over telnet?
As root this works, but as normal user I get:

-sh-3.00$ qrsh hostname
qrsh_starter: executing child process (null) failed: No such file or
directory

hmm, the cluster config looks like this, but despite the root account
works, I cannot find a file named: in.rlogind on my system:

qlogin_command               telnet
qlogin_daemon                /usr/kerberos/sbin/telnetd
rlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/in.rlogind
rlogin_command               rsh

the sbin/ directories are accessible by all: rwxr-x-r-x. I've came
accross some mails saying telnet has to be configured with suid. But
where is the SGE documentation on this, if any? Thanks again.