[GE users] qrsh and telnet

Lönroth Erik erik.lonroth at scania.com
Tue Jul 10 14:02:56 BST 2007

I don't know if this helps but I've noted down for myself:

Possible solution ? Check the permissions of the following ?les, which are  located in $SGE_ROOT/utilbin/. (Note that rlogin and rsh must be
  setuid and owned by root.)
  -r-s--x--x 1 root root 28856 Sep 18 06:00 rlogin*
  -r-s--x--x 1 root root 19808 Sep 18 06:00 rsh*
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 sgeadmin adm 128160 Sep 18 06:00 rshd*

Note ? The sge-root directory also needs to be NFS-mounted with the setuid
  option. If sge-root is mounted with nosuid from your submit client, qrsh and
  associated commands will not work.

Hope it is of some use.

/Erik