[GE users] qrsh and telnet

sadfub at gmx.net sadfub at gmx.net
Tue Jul 10 14:55:35 BST 2007

Rayson Ho schrieb:
> On 7/10/07, sadfub at gmx.net <sadfub at gmx.net> wrote:
>> BTW: rlogin and rsh doesn't work with any account... But again qrsh
>> works with root :-/ *wondering*.
>
> Is the permission set correctly?? See "Permissions for qrsh are not
> set properly"
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/commonproblems.html#interactive

I have in .../utilsbin/:
-sh-3.00$ ls -l r*
-r-s--x--x  1 root root  32607 May  8  2006 rlogin
-r-sr-xr-x  1 root root  21944 May  8  2006 rsh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 215212 May  8  2006 rshd

there is no user sgeadmin in /etc/passwd, does this matter? Do I need to
have this file under `sgeadmin` permissions? I think SGE runs here
"just" with root privileges...

> Also, if the binaries are on NFS with "nosuid", you will not be able
> to setuid the binaries. You either turn that off, or you can put just
> those binaries on local FS, and sym. link from NFS to the local FS.

hmm, sge resides here under /opt and on each node I get `mount`:
frontend:/opt on /opt type nfs
(ro,nfsvers=3,tcp,rsize=8192,addr=10.108.74.65)

assuming that the nosuid option isn't set, also in exports the option:
no_root_squash is set.

thanks for your help