[GE users] Consumable variable : one license per job

Dmitry Zhukovski DZH at maerskoil.com
Wed Jul 11 11:20:42 BST 2007

Hi all,

  I am new on SGE and try to implement simple run of parallel jobs.

  I have some number of nodes with defined slots=1 per node.

  The application requires to be limited on two consumable
variables(licenses) : one parallel license(LIS1) per node and one
license(LIS2) per job.

  So if I fire a job with 10 parallel streams it should use 10 LIS1s and
one LIS2.

  I tried to run qsub like this

    qsub -N TEST -q all.q -pe mpich 10 -l LIS2=1,LIS1=10 /home/some.job
/home/TEST

  It looks logical for me BUT in reality it consumes 10 LIS2 and 100
LIS1!! It's simply multiply on number of nodes given in mpich parameter

  Can you comment what's done wrong and how to fix that?

Thank you in advance

Dmitry

are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the system manager at helpdesk at maerskoil.com.

This e-mail and its contents do not constitute and shall not be
considered as a financial commitment of Maersk Olie og Gas AS
and its affiliates.
Maersk Olie og Gas AS expressly disclaims any responsibility
as to the accuracy and use of this e-mail and its contents.