[GE users] Adding Execution Hosts

Hamilton, Tom (BJSS) Tom.Hamilton at uk.bp.com
Wed Jul 11 19:40:47 BST 2007

Folks,

I'm having a problem getting additional execution hosts running - and I'm not sure why?  I wondered if someone could help - or give me some pointers.  Here's the scenario....

I am running two VMs, one as the Master (and execution and submit node) and one as an additonal  execution node.  Now the the first node works just dandy.  I can submit jobs and they execute - fabbo!

But the second node seems to setup ok - but at the end of ./install_execd I get the following errors:
using service "sge_commd"
bound to Port 75
error: getting configuration: failed receiving gdi request
error: can't get configuration from qmaster -- backgrounding

Now I gather from reading around that this means the execution host that I am installing has called to the master node - but doesn't get a reply.  Any ideas?

Much appreciated,
Tom

BP International Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with the company number 542515 and VAT Number GB 243 5105 93 and whose registered office is Chertsey Road, Sunbury on Thames, Middlesex, TW16 7BP