[GE users] queue definition

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Jul 12 11:55:27 BST 2007

Hi,

Am 12.07.2007 um 05:11 schrieb Iwona Sakrejda:

> I would like to be able to give a privileged user to start 1 job
> per host and
> it should not matter whether other jobs are running or not on those
> hosts.
> I thougth about defining a queue in which only this special user
> can run,
> but I have trouble restricting it to only one job that does not use
> a job slot.
> I have 2 slots per host and so far each submitted job consumes one
> slot.
>
> I am running 6.0u11.

if you have only one queue per node (for the common users with 2
slots) and one special queue (with 1 slot), this should work without
any further adjustments (i.e. there is no need to limit the slots per
node in the exechost configuration). If you have more than one queue,
I would suggest to look into SGE 6.1 resource quotas, hence an
upgrade maybe the easiest way to achieve this setup then.