[GE users] Arco slows system down

John Mc-Nicholas XJ (GU/ETL) john.xj.mc-nicholas at ericsson.com
Thu Jul 12 12:32:33 BST 2007

Hi All

I have Arco and sql databases running on a File Server.
Arco tool works well but slows the whole sytem down.

Arco doesn't need to be up to date all the time - only really at the end
of each month.

If I switch Arco/ db writer / sql database off for some time they will
update from grid once I switch them back on - ie no data will be lost?

Or is there a way to configure so it updates overnight - when the system
isn't busy.

Thanks

John

> John Mc Nicholas
>
> STE/SEA Support Engineer
> BETE Test Plants South
UK

> Phone: +44 (0) 1483 305458
> Email: john.xj.mc-nicholas at ericsson.com
> Address: Ericsson,  Midleton Gate, Guildford Business Park, Guildford,
> Surrey, GU2 8SG , UK

Ericsson Limited
Registered Office: Unit 4, Midleton Gate, Guildford Business Park,
Guildford, Surrey, GU2 8SG
Registered Number in England and Wales: 942215
This communication is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee(s). Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in
error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and
delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.
Ericsson Limited does not enter into contracts or contractual
obligations via electronic mail, unless otherwise agreed in writing
between the parties concerned.
E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption,
interruption, unauthorised amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only
send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any
such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any
consequences thereof.