[GE users] ssh_exchange_identification

sadfub at gmx.net sadfub at gmx.net
Thu Jul 12 14:26:13 BST 2007

> -sh-3.00$ qrsh hostname
> qrsh_starter: executing child process (null) failed: No such file or
> directory
>
> I've found a solution to this when the child process is qmake, but the
> PATH seems to be correctly. When I run this with verbose option, it
> shows that:
>
> -sh-3.00$ qrsh -verbose -v PATH hostname
> local configuration frontend not defined - using global configuration
> Your job 158923 ("hostname") has been submitted
> waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
> Your interactive job 158923 has been successfully scheduled.
> Establishing /usr/bin/ssh session to host node22 ...
> qrsh_starter: executing child process (null) failed: No such file or
> directory
> /usr/bin/ssh exited with exit code 0
> reading exit code from shepherd ... 1
>
> so shepherd fails, but it remains mysterious why..

and with the -noshell option, this works too:

-sh-3.00$ qrsh -verbose -noshell hostname
local configuration frontend not defined - using global configuration
Your job 158928 ("hostname") has been submitted
waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
Your interactive job 158928 has been successfully scheduled.
Establishing /usr/bin/ssh session to host node22 ...
node22
/usr/bin/ssh exited with exit code 0
reading exit code from shepherd ... 0
-sh-3.00$ qrsh -noshell hostname