[GE users] Runtime Design Automation?

Rod.Rebello at Microchip.com Rod.Rebello at Microchip.com
Fri Jul 13 23:25:13 BST 2007

Thanks.  I did take a quick look at it, but besides still in a
development stage, it did not seem to address our particular need.   I
will follow up with the mailing list for feedback.

- Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: "Rayson Ho" <rayrayson at gmail.com>@MICROCHIP
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 3:08 PM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: Re: [GE users] Runtime Design Automation?

Please check the Hedeby project out... they are developing support for
multi-clustering for GE and other DRMs.

I read the initial version of the specification a few months ago (but
the spec has since gone through many revisions):
http://gridengine.info/articles/2007/04/14/project-hedeby-documentation-
draft-now-available

I think you can send the requirements to the "dev" list, and see if the
existing functionalities of Hedeby can do what you want...
http://hedeby.sunsource.net/mailing_lists.html

Rayson

On 7/13/07, Rod.Rebello at microchip.com <Rod.Rebello at microchip.com> wrote:
> I think you misunderstood.  We also use your qlicserver to monitor
license usage at each site so global licenses aren't oversubscribed.
However, we want to manage the license queuing globally across sites
with some form of fair share allocation strategy.  Right now, we can
only do this on a local basis.  We don't want any one site to monopolize
the licenses.  We have sites in India, USA, and Europe sharing the same
licenses.  RTDA says they have a configurable multiqueuing capability
that will fairly allocate the licenses across grid sites.

> - Rod

usage, and simply parse the accounting file (for number of cpu,
run-time, etc) to assess historical usage.
> I believe Reuti has also posted an analysis script here before.
> The ARCO tools might also provide what you are looking for.
>
> /mark
> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally
privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information
otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or
third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential"
status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the
sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the
employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the
intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify
the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net