[GE users] submitting parallel jobs

Heba Farouk heba.farouk at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 07:31:55 BST 2007

i already tried "configuring parallel environment"
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-0698/6ncdvjcmd?l=en&a=view#i998778

and "Tight Integration of the MPICH2 library into SGE"
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich2-integration/mpich2-integration.html

but no way, all the jobs i submit remain in the
pending state for ever

any suggestions ??

thanks in advance

--- Rayson Ho <rayrayson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess you should start with loose integration
> first.
>
> Read the section "Configuring Parallel Environments"
> in the admin
> guide and sge_pe(5) manpage on how to set up a loose
> integration. When
> you have your MPI programs working, then you can try
> with the tight
> integration, which gives you better job control and
> accounting.
>
> Also, if you are building a new cluster, I would
> suggest to go with OpenMPI.
>
> Rayson
>

> On 7/16/07, Heba Farouk <heba.farouk at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > hello there
> > i'm newbie to grid engine software and need ur
> help.
> > i would like to have a simple guide on how to run
> > parallel jobs using grid engine using mpich2
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > Yours
> >
> > Heba

> > It's here! Your new message!
> > Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.

> > For additional commands, e-mail:

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net

Yours

Heba

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html