[GE users] Sort by sequence number question

Erik Lönroth erik.lonroth at scania.com
Tue Jul 17 14:56:25 BST 2007

On tis, 2007-07-17 at 09:31 -0300, Paul MacInnis wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Erik [ISO-8859-1] Lnroth wrote:
>
> > Paul!
> >
> > On tis, 2007-07-17 at 08:17 -0300, Paul MacInnis wrote:
> > > Hi Erik,

> > > If I understand your problem correctly and if my alphabetic ordering
> > > theory is correct, you should get close to what you want by re-naming
> > > your "slave" cluster queue to something earlier in the alphabetic
> > > sequence, say "aslave".
> >
> > Well, maybe, but in my case, the nodes themselves are sequenced within
> > the  cluster queue (short.q). Thats because I wan't some specific nodes
> > to be selected last... I can't rename the nodes really.
>
> What I observe here is that within a single cluster queue the scheduler
> does obey the seqno's.  It's the order in which it considers the cluster
> queues that's alphabetical.  Our bq.q fills up before anything goes into
> ser.q which for us is the wrong way round.
>
> Paul

For my part, I have a "master.q". this que is used to get a MASTER slot
(-masterq master.q) with "job_is_first_task" in the selected PE. This
master.q contains the node ts101-1-0 only. 1 slot.

  master.q = ts101-1-0

After that, nodes in the "short.q" have sequence number X (general
configuration). With the exception for one node ts101-1-1, that has
sequence number X+1. 4 slots each.

   short.q = ts101-1-0, ts101-1-1

This setup has be me believing that ts101-1-1 should be filled up before
ts101-1-0 would be considered since it has sequence number X+1 > X.

That doesn't happen and ts101-1-0 gets filled up which is disaster for
me.