[GE users] SGE on *BSD

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 12:01:25 BST 2007

Hello,

I am new here, so allow me to introduce myself. My name is Edd and I
work in the UK for Bournemouth University.

We were planning on attaching some OpenBSD grid nodes to our existing
solaris/linux grid, however it is clear that sge does not support
OpenBSD.

# ./aimk
Unsupported architecture UNSUPPORTED-OpenBSD-i386-4.1

Is this something I can interest the community in implementing? If you
were willing to get the build working, I am able to write a port, to
enable the grid engine to become an OpenBSD binary package.

I also appreciate that BSD is a very small slice of what could be your
target user group.

Thanks

--
Best Regards