[GE users] SGE on *BSD

Davide Cittaro davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Wed Jul 18 12:50:13 BST 2007

Hi

On Jul 18, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Edd Barrett wrote:
> We were planning on attaching some OpenBSD grid nodes to our existing
> solaris/linux grid, however it is clear that sge does not support
> OpenBSD.

I've installed sge on FreeBSD (not Open... sorry!) only using FreeBSD
ports and it perfectly works.
You may take a look to their port file and patches...

> # ./aimk
> Unsupported architecture UNSUPPORTED-OpenBSD-i386-4.1

Have you tried to modify the aimk files adding your OS?

/*
Davide Cittaro
HPC and Bioinformatics Systems @ Informatics Core

IFOM - Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007