[GE users] SGE on *BSD

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 16:57:02 BST 2007

SGE works on FreeBSD and NetBSD, and I *used to* get it working
on OpenBSD.

However, I did not check in the port for OpenBSD because we were
planning to clean up the source to better support the *BSDs.

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/BrowseList?list=dev&by=thread&from=1775

If you want to try a quick-hack, you can modify dist/util/arch
in the source directory to return "nbsd-i386" instead of
"UNSUPPORTED-OpenBSD-i386-4.1". You can then get way further
without modifying too many source files.

And if I remember correctly, you will hit 1 or 2 compile
problems  with the code that deal with getting the system
resource info. With that, you can get help on the "dev" list.

 -Ron