[GE users] How to schedule just on slots, and ignore load values?

Beadles, Jeff jeff_beadles at mentor.com
Wed Jul 18 21:52:06 BST 2007

I'd like to see what sort of scheduling performance boost I can get by
just having the schedule dispatch jobs to systems with slots available,
ignoring whatever load may be on the system.  I have a couple of
clusters that are only used via sge,

Is there an easy way to do this?  I tried changing the scheduler
configuration for "load_formula" to "NONE", but was told;

The keyword "none" is not allowed in "load_formula"

I can set the queue "load_thresholds" to "NONE", but I would rather just
have it not even check.

Any suggestions?  I'm currently running 6.0 u8, and can't change anytime
real soon.

Thanks,
	-Jeff