[GE users] How to schedule just on slots, and ignore load values?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jul 18 23:54:14 BST 2007

Am 18.07.2007 um 23:56 schrieb Beadles, Jeff:

> I'd like to see what sort of scheduling performance boost I can get by
> just having the schedule dispatch jobs to systems with slots
> available,
> ignoring whatever load may be on the system.  I have a couple of
> clusters that are only used via sge,
>
> Is there an easy way to do this?  I tried changing the scheduler
> configuration for "load_formula" to "NONE", but was told;
>
> The keyword "none" is not allowed in "load_formula"
>
> I can set the queue "load_thresholds" to "NONE", but I would rather
> just
> have it not even check.

This I would suggest in addition. If you have cores=slots then it's
best to set it to NONE. It's more targeting big SMP machines where
you want to oversubscribe by intention

> Any suggestions?  I'm currently running 6.0 u8, and can't change
> anytime
> real soon.

You could try to create a dummy complex of type INT and put it just
there as some kind of "dummy" variable which has always the same value.