[GE users] problem with ARCO module-N1GE-6.1

Jana Olivova Jana.Olivova at Sun.COM
Thu Jul 19 13:49:45 BST 2007

Hi Thamizh,

It seems that either postmaster has not been started or it has not been
started with the -i option that enables TCP/IP communication.

To start the postmaster:

 > postmaster -S -i -D <path_to_postgres_data_location>

Before that you also need to edit the pg_hba.conf file and
postgresql.conf file.

For detailed information on how to setup and start the database server
refer to Installation Guide, chapter 8 Installing the Accounting and
Reporting Console / How to Start the Database Server.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-0697/6ncduks4t?l=en&q=Arco&a=view

Regards,

Jana Olivova