[GE users] Failure when trying to submit java job to SGE 5.3

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Jul 19 19:10:04 BST 2007

On Jul 19, 2007, at 12:28 PM, Dennis Williams wrote:

> Standard output
>

> Warning: no access to tty (Bad file descriptor).
>
> Thus no job control in this shell.

This is harmless, it means you have some shell terminal settings that
don't make sense in a non-interactive session.

> Standard Error
>

> CLASSPATH=/home/LinuxNode1/Java/lib/commons-collections-3.2.jar:/
> home/LinuxNode1/Java/lib/commons-beanutils.jar:/home/LinuxNode1/
> Java/lib/application.jar
>
> : Command not found.
>
> CLASSPATH: Undefined variable.

Not a grid engine problem, this is the shell complaining about an
undefined variable. Depending on the shell in which the job is being
invoked you may have to explicitly create the environment variable like:

export CLASSPATH=/path/to/your/application.jar

setenv CLASSPATH /path/to/your/application.jar

Your qsub syntax is fine, what you need to zero in on are what seem
to be clear differences in the shell environment you are using at the
command line and the one being invoked for you when the job runs
under Grid Engine

Regards,
Chris