[GE users] Job keeps restarting

Herbert Fruchtl herbert.fruchtl at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sat Jul 21 15:08:00 BST 2007

Dear all,

SGE on our cluster was configured by the vendor, and up to now I didn't have to
look under the hood. Now I had to re-install it (according to their
instructions). It's nearly working, but...

Any job I submit will run, but when it is finished, it leaves the node in an
error status, goes back to being queued ("qw"), and then starts on the next
node. In the "messaes" file of the spool directory, the following message
appears:

07/21/2007 14:02:09|execd|comp01|E|shepherd of job 7.1 exited with exit status =
11

Any ideas,

  Herbert
--