[GE users] Job keeps restarting

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Sat Jul 21 15:49:53 BST 2007

Herbert Fruchtl wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> SGE on our cluster was configured by the vendor,

A tall, mysterious stranger rides his horse into town.
Ties his horse up outside the saloon bar, the bar falls silent as his
keen eyes sweep the room. He tilts his stenson up with one finger and
strides to the bar. "Sarsparilla."   "In a dirty glass".
On the back of his polo shirt, the single word 'Vendor'

Herbert, a quick look at this and the parallel queue type was set to
BATCH - which means serial test jobs were running in the parallel queue.
That's not the cause of this problem though.
You have an earlier version of SGE (installed by default).
We have a later release already bundled on the system, and it is
painless to upgrade. I'll take this offline with you.