[GE users] cmd line options

Sat Jul 21 18:31:36 BST 2007

That would probably be because you can't change the name of a job's
user.  Job are run as the user who submitted them.  Period.  The -u
switch isn't an option for qsub.  It is a qalter option, and for qalter,
it's used to set a username filter to limit the jobs which the qalter
command will affect.  Nothing to do with changing the username.

If you're clever, you could work out a scheme using environment
variables and a custom job starter method that would allow jobs
submitted as root to be run as another user.  If you're really clever,
you could use environment variables and a shepherd wrapper to allow jobs
submitted by any user to be run as any other user.  Both require, of
course, that you have administrative privileges for the grid.  At some
point I will get around to documenting these techniques for use with
DRMAA applications.

What is it you're trying to accomplish exactly?

Daniel