[GE users] N1GE windows execution host

Manjunatha Appaji Gowda Manjunatha.A at synopsys.com
Mon Jul 23 06:41:46 BST 2007

Hi All,

I successfully added the windows machine as execution host to N1GE farm which consists of both linux and windows machine.

What's is working in the windows execution host

Local user and local administrator can submit the jobs

What's doesn't work

Windows domain users can't submit the job and also cant able to execute the any commands ex: qstat, qconf

Error I m getting

Error: sge_group2gid failed for group name Domain Users

What I done already

1) set execd_params to
enable_windomacc=true
2) csp certificates already generated I copied in to the windows execution host in the following area

/var/sgeCA/ is it the right area to copy????

If wrong please tell me where I need to copy the certificates in the windows host.

Is it I have to create the certificates for each user who needs to submit jobs????

3) Windows domain users password has been registered using sgepasswd.... is it I need sync this file to windows execution host???

Please help me out of this issues, I really need to domain users should able to submit the jobs to grid

Thanks in advance

Manjunath A