[GE users] N1GE windows execution host

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Mon Jul 23 14:23:31 BST 2007

Hi Manjunatha,

I already heard of this problem and I am currently investigating it. It
could be that it is related to the group size - if the group has more
than a specific, but unknown number of members, a system call seems to
fail. I'm trying to find a workaround for this system call and will let
you know if I have a solution.

To your questions:

Manjunatha Appaji Gowda wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I successfully added the windows machine as execution host to N1GE farm which consists of both linux and windows machine.
>
> What's is working in the windows execution host
>
> Local user and local administrator can submit the jobs
>
> What's doesn't work
>
> Windows domain users can't submit the job and also cant able to execute the any commands ex: qstat, qconf
>
> Error I m getting
>
> Error: sge_group2gid failed for group name Domain Users
>
> What I done already
>
> 1) set execd_params to
> enable_windomacc=true
> 2) csp certificates already generated I copied in to the windows execution host in the following area
>
> /var/sgeCA/ is it the right area to copy????

Yes, it is the right area.

> If wrong please tell me where I need to copy the certificates in the windows host.
>
> Is it I have to create the certificates for each user who needs to submit jobs????

No, it's the same certificate for all users and all Windows hosts.

> 3) Windows domain users password has been registered using sgepasswd.... is it I need sync this file to windows execution host???

No, it's just has to be readable from the Windows execution host, i.e.
if the $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/default/common directory is shared, it's ok.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com