[GE users] SGE 6.1 and qsh failure

Barry McInnes Barry.J.Mcinnes at noaa.gov
Mon Jul 23 16:04:56 BST 2007

> No, don't use port 22. This will not use the SGE started sshd on the
> node, but the system sshd. This means of course to diable the firewall
> on the nodes.

Hi Reuti,
I put 49000-65535 as allowed via TCP in the firewall settings.
If I remove my forced settings to use port 22 I get the following
ssh errors. I dont know what to try next. If you have any ideas let me
know ?

[mac27:~] bmcinnes% qlogin
local configuration mac27.cdc.noaa.gov not defined - using global
configuration
Your job 34926 ("QLOGIN") has been submitted
waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
Your interactive job 34926 has been successfully scheduled.
Establishing /usr/local/sge/ql.sh session to host mac45.cdc.noaa.gov ...
/usr/local/sge/ql.sh exited with exit code 255
[mac27:~] bmcinnes% qrsh
[mac27:~] bmcinnes%