[GE users] NEEDING HELP IN ADMINISTRATING SGE6.1

Nourhéne Alaya nourhenalaya at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:31:18 BST 2007

HELLO,
I m a student in computer engineering , i start with a group of students installing SGE 6.1 in PASTEUR INSTITUTION  in order to use it in running Blast scripts.
We have used sun official administration , installing and user 's guides in our project .
The installation was successful in LINUX (kubuntu6.06) for i386 PC environment ,but when we tried to submit simple scripts we faced some problems :
_JOBS were submitted BUT  they have remained  PENDED .
As we have understood , jobs weren't affected to any of the queues we have configured  and we received the following messages:

queue "queue_test at hilbert.pasteur.rns.tn" dropped  because it is temporarily  not available
queue "queue_test at lucy.pasteur.rns.tn" dropped  because it is temporarily  not available
queue "queue_test at parallele02.pasteur.rns.tn" dropped  because it is temporarily  not available
else when we tried to use the command : qstat -j Id-job  we received:

error: can't unpack gdi request
error: error unpacking gdi request: bad argument
failed receiving gdi request
We have tried to resolve the problem in different ways but we failed to localize its cause

So Please can you help us in resolving those issues

--
Si on veut on peut il suffit de faire le premier pas