[GE users] local_conf and execd_spool_dir

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Jul 24 10:34:47 BST 2007

Olesen, Mark wrote:
> I'm using classic spooling (6.0u11) and was about try using local spools
> (eg, /var/spool/sge) for a subset of exec machines.
> As far as I can see, a local configuration is no longer possible.
> 'qconf -me host' rejects the parameter. The corresponding mask in qmon is
> disabled.
>
> It's been a while since I needed this feature (some 5.3 release), but found
> it could be useful again. Is there a reasonable workaround, or do I need to
> change all the exec nodes simultaneously and restart GridEngine?

I recently put in a cluster with failover, and used local spooling on
all the exec hosts.
However that was set up at install time, and for all the exec hosts.

Quick test on a cluster in the lab confirms you can set
execd_spool_dir on a per-host basis using:

qconf -mconf  hostname

Not qconf -me hostname   (as both you and I first thought)